Mercedes-AMG GT S Edition 1
Mercedes-AMG GmbH is accelerating into the fast lane for the autumn: the stars of the Paris Motor Show, the new Mercedes-AMG GT and the new Mercedes-AMG C 63, can now be ordered. Pricing for the new GT starts at €115,430, and for the new C 63 at €76,100.501 . Customer deliveries of both AMG high-performance models will commence in the first quarter of 2015.
"For us, the sales start of the Mercedes-AMG GT and C 63 is the start of a new era which is also highlighted by the new nomenclature. In this way we are positioning Mercedes-AMG even more aggressively than before as a dynamic sports car brand," says Tobias Moers, CEO of Mercedes-AMG GmbH. "When sales start, both models will already be available as particularly dynamic S-models. I am quite certain of this: the driving dynamics, agility and sportiness will thrill our AMG customers. With these two high-performance models we are further reinforcing our brand claim of "Driving Performance".
The new AMG GT: driving performance for sports car enthusiasts
The first Mercedes was a racing car and its most recent successor carries this heritage forward: with the new Mercedes-AMG GT, the Mercedes-AMG sports car brand is moving into a new, top-class sports car segment for the company. The GT is the second sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG. Its front mid-engine concept with transaxle and the intelligent aluminium lightweight construction form the basis for a highly dynamic driving experience. Its likewise newly developed AMG 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine underscores the hallmark AMG driving performance. The first sports car engine with internally mounted turbochargers ("hot inside V") and dry sump lubrication is configured in two output ratings: as the GT rated at 340 kW (462 hp) and the GT S at 375 kW (510 hp). The new GT combines driving dynamics and first-class racetrack performance with superb everyday practicality and efficiency that sets new standards in the segment.
With a power-to-weight ratio of 3.08 kilograms per hp, the Mercedes-AMG GT S self-confidently lines up alongside the very best in its segment. Top-class figures such as 3.8 seconds from zero to 100 km/h and a maximum speed of 310 km/h promise real racetrack performance. The GT also demonstrates that economy and high-performance need not be mutually exclusive with its fuel consumption of 9.3 litres per 100 kilometres (NEDC combined).
Sporty and extraordinary: the Mercedes-AMG GT S "Edition 1"
The "Edition 1" is a particularly sporty Mercedes-AMG GT S: the extraordinary composition of sporty exterior and interior details is sure to attract everyone's attention.
- Aerodynamic package in black (larger front splitter with smooth transition to the flics on the side air intakes of the front apron, wheel arch flics at the front, dynamic black trim on the side sill panels, fixed rear aerofoil) Carbon-fibre roof
- Night package (diamond grille in black with louvre in high-gloss black, fins in the front wings in high-gloss black, exterior mirror housings in high-gloss black, trim strip in the diffuser insert in high-gloss black, triangular side windows and rear window in heat-insulating tinted glass (country-specific), black tailpipe trim elements)
- 10-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in black and with a high-sheen finish, with tyres in size 265/35 R 19 on 9.0 J x 19 (front) and 295/30 R 20 on 11 J x 20 (rear)
The pure racetrack feel also dominates the interior:
- Black nappa leather interior with red contrasting topstitching
- Performance seats with integral belt guide in black nappa leather/DINAMICA microfibre with red contrasting topstitching
- Interior Black Diamond package
- Performance steering wheel in DINAMICA microfibre with flattened bottom section, 12-o'clock marking, red contrasting topstitching, steering wheel bezel in silver chrome with "Edition 1" lettering and silver-coloured aluminium shift paddles
Market launch of the AMG GT to commence in the first quarter of 2015
The market launch will commence with the Mercedes-AMG GT S in Europe in the first quarter of 2015, with the GT and other markets to follow.
- Mercedes-AMG GT S: €134,351.00
- Mercedes-AMG GT S "Edition 1": €148,512.00
- Mercedes-AMG GT: €115.430.00
*Prices for Germany including 19% VAT.