McLaren 720S Stealth Theme by MSO
- McLaren Special Operations (MSO) creates a unique 720S with a ‘Stealth’ design theme
- MSO Defined Sarthe Grey exterior paint - inspired by the 1995 Le Mans-winning McLaren F1 GTR – is contrasted with hand-painted Vermillion Red accents
- Bespoke Satin Finish Visual Carbon Fibre exterior components are another example of the level of personalization possible with MSO Bespoke orders
- 10-Spoke Super Lightweight alloy wheels finished in MSO Bespoke Satin Black with Vermillion Red contrast spoke and outer rim
- Red accents continue inside the cockpit, including on upper fascia, seats and doors and with Apex Red stitching
- ‘Stealth’ was one of the MSO Bespoke themes visualized for the McLaren 720S on its global debut at the 2017 Geneva International Motor Show
Don’t be fooled by the name: The MSO 720S Stealth Theme from McLaren Special Operations will ensure that one McLaren 720S owner stands out from crowd even more than usual, in a striking car produced as a bespoke order for retailer, McLaren London.
The McLaren 720S can be ordered as standard in one of three specification levels, with MSO Defined options among the additional features offered to customers who want their new car to be unlike others. Beyond this there are opportunities to further personalize a McLaren through MSO’s Bespoke services, where areas such as paint and interior stitching can be developed as themes to create a car that is often quite literally, one-of-a-kind.
‘Stealth’ was one of the MSO Bespoke themes visualized for the McLaren 720S on its global debut at the 2017 Geneva International Motor Show; examples of the Velocity, Track and Pacific themes have already been produced as MSO Bespoke orders.
The MSO 720S Stealth Theme was commissioned by McLaren London to be visually even more purposeful than a standard 720S in Performance specification. The scope of the Stealth theme encompasses MSO Defined Sarthe Grey exterior paint - a color inspired by the McLaren F1 GTR that was victorious at the famous Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe in 1995 – and Vermillion Red contrast paint to accentuate the lines of the 720S body. The red detailing on the front of the car and the bonnet and extending back along the bodysides to the rear deck, was hand-painted by the master craftsmen and craftswomen at McLaren Special Operations in a near-200-hour process.
The theme of red accents is continued on the 10-Spoke Super Lightweight alloy wheels, which are finished in MSO Bespoke Satin Black with the outer rim and a single spoke in contrasting Vermillion Red. MSO Bespoke Satin Finish Visual Carbon Fibre components enhance the exterior of the car, with the Front Air Intakes, Door Mirror Casings, Door Mirror Arms, Rear Aero Bridges, Rear Deck and Service Cover and Rear Fender Air Intakes all in the lightweight material.
McLaren 720S Performance specification provides a sports-oriented interior with carbon fibre switch and center panel surrounds and Alcantara® trim material. In the case of this car, MSO Bespoke additions further develop the purposeful theme, with red leather and Apex Red stitching on the fascia, door inners and seats.