Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT for Europe
The most powerful and high-speed Jeep vehicle ever. Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT boasts an aggressive and muscular look with 20-inch alloy wheels, lowered profile, functional design features and race-inspired interior. Powered by the new 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engine delivering 468 horsepower and 624 Nm of torque, the SRT model achieves benchmark performance of 0-100 km/h in 5 seconds, a top speed of 257 km/h and braking from 100-0 km/h in 35 m.The new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is the best handling Jeep vehicle ever and boasts outstanding ride thanks to the advanced new active Adaptive damping suspension and new Selec-TrackTM traction control system. World-class braking comes courtesy of new SRT high-performance Brembo brakes with four-wheel anti-lock brake system (ABS).
The SRT reaches unparalleled levels of standard equipment in its category, offering Command-View® dual-pane sunroof, Uconnect® Navigation infotainment and navigation system, state-of-the-art 825-watt audio surround-sound system from Harman Kardon®, Adaptive Cruise Control and a variety of advanced safety systems including Forward Collision Warning and Blind-Spot detection with Rear Cross-path detection.
New SRT model enhances the Grand Cherokee lineup that in Europe offers the following trim lines: Laredo, Limited, Overland and Overland Summit.
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT combines the exclusive styling, the functionality, the on-road and off-road capability of the Jeep flagship SUV to the sporty appeal and high-performance features specifically developed by Chrysler Group LLC's Street and Racing Technology (SRT®) team. The result: the most powerful and high-speed Jeep vehicle ever produced. Thanks to its world-class braking, outstanding ride and handling, sporty, muscular stance and powerful 6.4-liter V-8 HEMI engine, the SRT model enhances the Grand Cherokee lineup with a Sport Utility Vehicle delivering a combination of benchmark performance and technologically advanced features.
Street and Racing Technology (SRT®) is Chrysler Group LLC's in-house division responsible for developing the high performance models of the most exclusive cars in the Group's lineup. Each SRT vehicle adheres to five proven hallmarks that include functional, performance-oriented styling, race-inspired and high-performance interiors, outstanding ride, handling and capability, benchmark braking and awe-inspiring powertrains.
With the introduction of the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT model, the Jeep brand's expertise in developing 4WD systems and the well-known versatility of its vehicles reach a new level of excellence: on board Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, the performance and comfort of a high-class sedan combined with exclusive SRT appointments ensure the driver the confidence of mastering any driving condition on-the highway, on poor grip surfaces and on the race track.
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is powered by the all-new 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine with Fuel Saver technology that turns off four of the eight cylinders when full power is not required to ensure increased fuel economy and reduced overall emissions. The powerful HEMI V-8 powertrain delivers 468 horsepower (344 kW) and 624 Nm of torque and is mated to the proven five-speed automatic transmission featuring both steering wheel mounted paddle shifters and Auto Stick on the floor. Thanks to the powerful 6.4-liter HEMI engine, the SRT model achieves benchmark performance: 0-100 km/h in 5 seconds, top speed of 257 km/h and 100-0 km/h braking distance in 35 m.
The best handling Jeep vehicle ever features new SRT-tuned, active Adaptive damping suspension managed by the new Jeep Selec-TrackTM system with five dynamic modes.
The 4x4 capability of the Jeep brand is delivered by the Quadra-Trac active on-demand four-wheel-drive transfer case with rear Electronic Limited-slip Differential (ELSD).
As all SRT-badged vehicles, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT offers world-class braking. Stopping power comes courtesy of new SRT high-performance Brembo brakes with four-wheel anti-lock brake system (ABS).
Standard equipment on the high-performance SRT model offers a full-line of technologically advanced features to enhance on-board comfort and infotainment for all occupants, including Command-View® dual-pane sunroof, multimedia infotainment and navigation UConnect® Navigation system with voice activated Bluethooth UConnect Phone, cutting-edge 825-watt, 19-speaker, 1 subwoofer premium audio surround-sound system from Harman Kardon®, Adaptive Cruise Control and innovative safety systems such as Forward Collision Warning and Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross-path detection. Introduction of Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT in the Jeep dealerships in Europe started end of the first quarter of 2012.
3-cm lowered ride height, 20-inch alloy wheels, new liftgate spoiler, functional dual black heat extractors on the front hood and dual-sport exhaust pipes reveal the unmistakable DNA of SRT-badged cars. Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT's race-inspired, exclusive interiors boast new SRT steering wheel with mounted paddle shifters, carbon fiber accents and leather-appointments, Black heated Nappa leather and suede seats with sculpted bolsters and contrast stitching.
In line with its sporty character, the new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT features a 3-cm lowered, aggressive profile that reveals the unmistakable and unique DNA of the vehicles with SRT badge. The exterior boasts functional design features that enhance the sporty and muscular look of the car, including a liftgate spoiler, 5-spoke, 20-inch alloy wheels, new wheel flares, functional dual black heat extractors on the front hood and dual-sport exhaust system.
The one-piece front fascia contains new LED multi-function daytime running lamps. The iconic, body-colored seven-slot front grille features a unique black screen background and chrome bezel inserts that add to its aggressive stance.
The integrated lower front grille is painted in gloss black and a newly designed underbody belly pan features integrated brake ducting to improve cooling and fade performance. Completing the new front end is the new hood with functional dual black heat extractors for added HEMI engine cooling. At the rear, a unique one-piece fascia includes a separate air diffuser and offers a dual-sport exhaust system.
Roomy and comfortable, the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT's refined cabin features race-inspired technology and exclusive appointments. Standard equipment offers an all-new, leather-wrapped, heated steering wheel with mounted paddle-shifters and a power tilt and telescoping steering column.
Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) controls are accessible from the horizontal spokes on the steering wheel and feature SRT-exclusive Performance Pages - a distinctive functionality specific to racing technology. This functionality shows instant feedback on steering input measurements, horsepower, torque, 0-100 km/h time, 100-0 km/h braking distance, g-forces, and covered distance times, along with expanded engine information.
New SRT-styled Nappa leather and suede seats, with sculpted bolsters and adjustable active front headrests, provide all the comfort for daily drives and the necessary "grip" to keep driver and passengers in place during spirited driving. The two front seats feature embroidered SRT logo and contrast stitching. Standard heated (front and rear) and ventilated (front) seats provide additional comfort to all occupants.
A perforated leather-wrapped shift knob, carbon fiber accents, leather-wrapped instrument panel and door trim panels and bright, racing style brake and pedal pads add to the refined, performance oriented look inside the cabin.
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is available in four body colors: Brilliant Black, Bright Silver, Mineral Gray and Deep Cherry. The interior features Black Nappa leather and suede seats with accent stitching.
Powertrain and transmission
New 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engine delivers 468 horsepower and 624 Nm of torque and features Fuel Saver Technology for improved fuel efficiency and lower overall emissions. Powerful 6.4-liter is mated to a proven five-speed automatic transmission with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters joining standard Auto Stick.
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is powered by the all-new 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engine fitted with Fuel Saver Technology. Fuel Saver alternates a four-cylinder mode of the HEMI engine when less power is needed and a V-8 mode when more power is in demand in order to optimize fuel economy and decrease overall emissions. New engine delivers 468 horsepower (344 kW) and 624 Nm of torque: an improvement of 43 horsepower and 55 Nm torque over the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 that powered the former Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT generation. An active intake manifold and high-lift camshaft with cam phasing produces maximum low-end torque while optimizing high-end power across a wider and improved rpm band. Specifically, 90-percent of peak torque is available between 2,800 and 6,000 rpm, allowing for inspired standing starts and improved straight-line performance. Thanks to the powerful V-8 HEMI engine, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT runs from 0-100 km/h in 5 seconds, has a top speed of 257 km/h and brakes from 100-0 km/h in 35 m.
These performances correspond to improved fuel efficiency: SRT model achieves a 13-percent increase on the highway thanks to the standard Fuel Saver Technology and new active valve exhaust system. Fuel Saver turns off four of the eight cylinders when full power is not required while the active valve exhaust system allows four-cylinder operation to engage over a wider rpm range for improved fuel economy.
Five-speed automatic transmission
Powerful 6.4-liter V-8 HEMI engine is mated to the proven W5A580 five-speed automatic transmission allowing a choice of spirited shifting on the road and the race track. New standard steering wheel mounted paddle shifters join the standard Auto Stick on the floor. Both methods give the driver the ability to shift rapidly while the transmission controller calibration prevents situations that might over rev the engine. Fully adaptive electronic control of all shifting makes the powertrain more responsive while minimizing harshness. AutoStick allows the driver the possibility to choose between the fully automatic mode and the driver-interactive manual control simply by moving the gear shift to the right or the left.
Handling and suspension system
New SRT-tuned, active Adaptive damping suspension allow for improved on-road handling. Advanced Jeep Selec-TrackTM traction control system features five dynamic modes in order to optimize vehicle performances to handle any condition and achieve the best driving experience.
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT was engineered to improve on-road handling even further. The best handling Jeep vehicle ever features new SRT-tuned, active Adaptive damping suspension managed by the new Jeep Selec-TrackTM system. This system interacts with several different systems (stability control, active damping, transmission shift strategy, transfer case torque proportioning, Electronic Limited Slip Differential performance, throttle control and cylinder de-activation) to automatically tune the dynamics of the vehicle according to customers' habits and driving condition. Drivers can manually choose between five dynamic modes for specific driving conditions:
- Auto: provides the most compliant ride and automatically adapts to any road situation using the active suspension tuning;
- Sport: provides enhanced body control for a sporty, fun-to-drive ride for the street;
- Tow: provides a safe reduction in pitch and bounce for enhanced towing capability;
- Track: provides the high-performance, firm, "track-tuned" suspension option to lock down body motion for the ultimate handling experience;
- Snow: provides the most conservative dynamic mode, so the vehicle will safely stay in-line in inclement winter weather conditions.
Quadra Trac active on-demand four-wheel-drive system with rear Electronic Limited Slip Differential (ELSD) delivers Jeep off-road capability and adds the safety of the four-wheel drive when traveling on poor grip on-road surfaces.
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT features standard Quadra Trac active on-demand four-wheel-drive transfer case. This 4x4 system uses input from a variety of sensors in order to determine tire slip at the earliest possible moment and take corrective action. The system uses Throttle Anticipate to sense quick movement in the throttle from a stop and maximizes traction before slippage occurs. When tire slippage is detected, the system can transfer up to 100 percent of available torque to one rear wheel with better grip. The transfer case also enhances handling by proportioning torque between the front and rear axles to maintain the driver's intended path.
The new Grand Cherokee SRT also features Brake Traction Control System (BTCS) on the front differential and a rear Electronic Limited Slip Differential (ELSD). ELSD contributes to eliminate rear wheel slip and distributes torque to the wheel with grip, improving vehicle's handling.
Braking and steering
SRT world-class braking performance is achieved through new SRT high-performance Brembo brakes with four-wheel anti-lock brake system (ABS).
All vehicles developed by the SRT team are well known for their world-class braking and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT was engineered to deliver benchmark braking performance. Stopping power for Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT comes courtesy of new SRT high-performance Brembo brakes with four-wheel anti-lock brake system (ABS). Stopping distance performance of 35 meters from 100-0 km/h is made possible by new Brembo 6-piston (front) and 4-piston (rear) calipers, and vented rotors measuring 38 cm (front) and 35 cm (rear).
The performance-tuned, fully-hydraulic steering system is improved with a new, heavy-duty pump and pump cooler. Revised gearing gives drivers more direct feel and on-center response.
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT features a full line of active and passive safety systems. Safety features also include innovative Forward Collision Warning, Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross-path detection fitted as standard to further improve safety and occupants' protection.
To emphasise the Jeep brand's commitment to technological innovation, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT also offers a full line of advanced active and passive safety systems. Standard safety features include:
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Electronic Rollover Mitigation (ERM);
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS): Senses and prevents wheel lock-up, offering improved steering control under extreme braking and/or slippery conditions;
- Brake-traction control system (BTCS): Helps to keep driving wheels from spinning during acceleration from a stop or during slow speeds by applying individual brakes to the slipping wheel(s);
- Hill-start Assist (HSA): Assists drivers when starting a vehicle from a stop on a hill by maintaining the level of brake pressure applied for a short period of time after a driver's foot is removed from the brake pedal. If throttle is not applied within a short period of time after the driver's foot is removed from the brake pedal, brake pressure will be released;
- Trailer-sway control (TSC): Reduces trailer sway and improves handling in adverse towing conditions caused by crosswinds and traffic. The system monitors the vehicle's movement relative to the driver's intended path, then applies alternating brake pressure to slow the vehicle and then increases the pressure on one front wheel in order to counteract the sway induced by the trailer;
- Park Assistwith front and rear sensors andParkView®rear back-up camera;
- High-intensity discharge (HID) Bi-Xenon headlampswith SmartBeam® system (adjusts to ambient light and oncoming traffic to deliver maximum lighting);
- Advanced multi-stage air bags and full-length side-curtain air bags;
- Front and rear windowbags;
- Driver's knee air bag;
- Active head restraints: Deploy in the event of a rear collision. Restraints are designed to reduce injuries by minimizing the gap between the head restraint and the passenger's head;
- Energy-absorbing steering column: The power-adjust steering column employs a calibrated bending element that deforms during column stroke for optimal energy management;
- Rain-sensing Wipers: A driver convenience feature that automatically senses moisture on the windshield and activates wipers;
- Three-point Seat Belts with Pretensioners;
- Child seat anchor system (ISOFIX): Designed to ease installation of compatible aftermarket child seats;
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System: Includes pressure-sensor modules integrated within the valve stems of all four road wheels that sends continuous radio-frequency signals to a receiver to inform occupants when the pressure is too low;
- Enhanced Accident Response System (EARS): Makes it easier for emergency personnel to see and reach occupants in the event of an accident by turning on the interior lighting and unlocking doors after air bag deployment. Also shuts off flow of fuel to the engine;
- Adaptive Cruise Control: The system decreases the vehicle's pre-set cruise-control speed when closing in on another vehicle in the same lane, or when another vehicle pulls into the same lane. The system will accelerate to the pre-set speed when the vehicle in front speeds up or moves into another lane.
Additional safety and security for driver and passengers are granted by the innovative Forward Collision Warning and Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross-path detection safety system, offered as standards.
- Using forward-facing radar sensors, Forward Collision Warning detects when the vehicle may be approaching another vehicle too rapidly and alerts the driver so the driver can determine what action must be taken in order to prevent the vehicle from a collision;
- Blind Spot Detection utilizes dual ultra-wideband radar sensors to aid the driver when changing lanes, or if being passed by or passing unseen vehicles. The system notifies the driver of vehicle(s) in their blind spot via illuminated icons on the sideview mirror and with a driver-selected audible chime; Rear Cross-path detection is a special system that in parking lot situations warns drivers backing out of parking spaces of traffic moving toward their vehicle. It activates any time the vehicle is in Reverse.
Comfort and infotainment
Outstanding technology for passengers' comfort and entertainment. State-of-the-art, 825-watt audio surround-sound system from Harman Kardon® featuring 19 speakers and subwoofer introduces a completely new, advanced feature in the Grand Cherokee lineup.
Standard equipment on Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT includes some of the most technologically advanced features available to ensure maximum on-board comfort, infotainment and connectivity, including Command-View® dual-pane sunroof, multimedia infotainment and navigation UConnect® Navigation system with 6.5-inches touchscreen, 30 gigabyte hard disk, USB compatibility, AUX port, DVD video and voice activated Bluethooth UConnect Phone with integrated microphone in the rearview mirror and a 825-watt, 19-speaker, 1 subwoofer premium audio surround-sound system from Harman Kardon®. The Harman Kardon audio system offers world premier innovation, featuring a 32-volt TPS (Tracking Power Supply) 12-channel amplifier that delivers outstanding acoustics and brings multi-dimensional, quality sound for all occupants.
(Jeep Europe Press Release)