Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Porsche is sending its second generation of the 911 Carrera GTS to the starting line. Four models – a coupe and a cabriolet, each with rear-wheel or all-wheel drive – now close the gap between the 911 Carrera S and the street-legal sports car optimised for the race track, the 911 GT3. Some of the technical ingredients that generate even more driving dynamics and driving fun: 430 hp (316 kW) power, the Sport Chrono package and the PASM active damper system which lowers the car's ride height by ten millimetres. Improved efficiency has also led to quicker accelerations and higher top speeds, but combined fuel consumption figures remain unchanged at the favourable level of the S models. When combined with the Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK), the 911 Carrera GTS sprints from zero to 100 km/h in 4.0 seconds (Cabriolet: 4.2 seconds). The top speed of each GTS model is beyond the 300 km/h barrier; the fastest at 306 km/h is the Coupe with a manual transmission and rear-wheel drive.
When adjusted for their additional features, the new top models are attractive in price as well. A number of options are included as standard, such as bi-xenon headlights with the Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) and the sport exhaust system for unmistakable GTS sound. The driver and front passenger also sit in an exclusive Alcantara interior with leather-trimmed sport seats whose centre panels are made of Alcantara as on the other GTS models by Porsche.
The exteriors of the new 911 cars – like all GTS models by Porsche – differ significantly from the other Carrera models. All models have the 911 Carrera 4 body with wide-flared rear wheel arches and a wide track. Also standard are 20-inch wheels with centre wheel locks, which are painted in an exclusive matt black. Accentuating the front end are special trim elements and smoked bi-xenon headlights. Black trim strips on the customised GTS air intake screen and black chrome-plated exhaust tailpipes characterise the rear of the GTS.
2015 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
With the addition of these new top models, the 911 Carrera range now consists of twelve sports cars at three power levels, as coupes and cabriolets, and with rear-wheel and all-wheel drive systems. The 911 Carrera GTS and 911 Carrera 4 GTS will be offered in Germany at prices starting at 117,549 euros, including country-specific features and 19 per cent VAT. In Germany, the four models will be available at dealers starting in November 2014.
- 911 Carrera GTS Coupe:
- Fuel consumption: urban 13.7 – 12.2 l/100 km; extra-urban 7.5 – 6.7 l/100 km; combined 9.5 – 8.7 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 223 – 202 g/km; efficiency classes: G – F
- 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet:
- Fuel consumption urban 13.7 – 12.3 l/100 km; extra-urban 7.6 – 6.9 l/100 km; combined 9.7 – 8.9 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 228 – 207 g/km; efficiency classes: G – F
- 911 Carrera 4 GTS Coupe:
- Fuel consumption urban 13.8 – 12.5 l/100 km; extra-urban 7.7 – 7.1 l/100 km; combined 9.9 – 9.1 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 233 – 212 g/km; efficiency classes: G
- 911 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet:
- Fuel consumption urban 13.9 – 12.5 l/100 km; extra-urban 7.7 – 7.1 l/100 km; combined 10.0 – 9.2 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 235 – 214 g/km; efficiency classes: G – F