2018 Range Rover Sport
- 2018MY Range Rover Sport updates include an evolved exterior design and an all-new interior, featuring the new Land Rover InControl® Touch Pro™ Duo infotainment system
- 2019MY Range Rover Sport will offer the company’s first new Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) technology, combining electric and gas power for sustainable performance: Total power / torque output: 398hp (297kW) / 472-lb. ft. ; Electric-only range: 31 miles (51km)
- Customers can choose their Range Rover Sport with either a supercharged V6 or V8 gasoline engines, a turbocharged V6 diesel engine, and beginning in 2019MY, a new plug-in hybrid electric powertrain
- Range Rover Sport lineup led by an updated version of the SVR trim, now with 575hp and capable of 0-60mph in 4.3 seconds
Arriving in U.S. retailers early 2018, the new 2018MY Range Rover Sport is transformed by new technology features and updated interior and exterior designs emphasizing its unique combination of performance and refinement. The 2018MY Range Rover Sport lineup will consist of V6 and V8 gasoline models, a V6 diesel model, and is led the by fastest Range Rover Sport to date, the 575hp Range Rover Sport SVR.
Building on these updates will be a 2019MY plug-in hybrid electric powertrain model, available in summer 2018. The 2019MY PHEV model will give Range Rover Sport customers powertrain choices of two supercharged gasoline options with four output ratings, a powerful diesel model and for the first time ever, an advanced PHEV.
The announcement of the upcoming Range Rover Sport PHEV model follows the news that from 2020 all new Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles launched will offer an electrified powertrain option.
The British-designed, engineered and built Range Rover Sport has achieved sales of more than 732,000 since it was introduced in 2004.
2018 MODEL YEAR RANGE ROVER SPORT
The new Range Rover Sport exterior has evolved to harmonize and modernize the design, making the Range Rover Sport look more dynamic, without changing its character.
At the front, the striking new design is enabled by the vehicle’s LED headlight design, sitting alongside a redesigned grille. This is complemented by a new bumper with a more aggressive profile.
Inside the cabin the new Touch Pro Duo infotainment system is the most advanced system ever created by Jaguar Land Rover; representing a major automotive design and technology advancement. Two high-definition 10-inch touchscreens form the centerpiece of the minimalist cabin, blending a futuristic, elegant feel with an intuitive, engaging interface and exceptional functionality1.
In-car connectivity is enhanced with up to 14 power points, including a domestic plug socket to keep laptops and other devices charged without the use of an inverter. The availability of Jaguar Land Rover Activity Key also brings new levels of convenience to the Range Rover Sport, allowing customers to lock and unlock their vehicle without the need to carry a key fob – ideal for outdoor pursuits.
The new Range Rover Sport has been enhanced with further technologies for greater comfort and convenience:
- Gesture sunblind: opened and closed by an advanced gesture control system that senses an occupant’s hand movement. All it takes to open the blind is a rearward swipe in front of the rear view mirror, and a swipe forward to close
- Advanced Tow Assist: assists with the difficult counter-steering movements required to position trailers accurately when reversing. The driver can simply guide the trailer into the desired space using the rotary controller for the Terrain Response® 2 system
- Those looking for the ultimate performance SUV will relish the potent new SVR derivative, which takes the Range Rover Sport into new territory. Power is increased 25hp to 575hp; delivering 0-60mph sprints in only 4.3 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.5 seconds)3, while bold design revisions and the increased use of carbon fiber construction make the new SVR more dramatic, faster and more agile than before.
2018MY U.S. MODELS AND MSRP
|TRIM||POWERTRAIN - OUTPUT||MSRP3|
|SE||3.0L S/C V6 Gas – 340hp||$66,750|
|HSE||3.0L S/C V6 Gas – 340hp||$72,350|
|SE Td6||3.0L T/C V6 Diesel – 254hp||$68,750|
|HSE Td6||3.0L T/C V6 Diesel – 254hp||$74,350|
|HSE Dynamic||3.0L S/C V6 Gas – 380hp||$82,150|
|HSE||5.0L S/C V8 Gas – 518hp||$82,050|
|HSE Dynamic||5.0L S/C V8 Gas – 518hp||$85,550|
|Autobiography||5.0L S/C V8 Gas – 518hp||$96,650|
|SVR||5.0L S/C V8 Gas – 575hp||$113,600|
2019 MODEL YEAR RANGE ROVER SPORT PHEV
The 19MY Range Rover Sport is the first plug-in hybrid electric vehicle to be announced by Jaguar Land Rover. Badged P400e, the new model provides sustainable performance by combining a 296hp 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder Ingenium gasoline engine with a 114hp (85kW) electric motor. The 398hp total available power output4 – available through the permanent four-wheel drive system – delivers 0-60mph acceleration in 6.3 seconds (0-100km/h in only 6.7 seconds) and a maximum speed of 137mph (220km/h)3. With an impressive 472-lb. ft. of torque available, the new powertrain mixes dynamic and sustainable performance with traditional Land Rover capability, comfort and refinement.
Thanks to its electrified powertrain, the Range Rover Sport P400e offers an all-electric range of up to 31 miles (51km)1. For the first time Land Rover customers can experience zero-emission off-road luxury with uncompromised all-terrain capability.
Drivers can select from two driving modes to best suit their needs:
- Parallel Hybrid mode (the default driving mode) – combines gasoline and electric drive. The driver can optimize battery charge or fuel economy by utilizing one of two charge management functions:
- SAVE function – prevents the battery charge dropping below a pre-selected level.
- Predictive Energy Optimization (PEO) function – entering a destination in the navigation system enables the feature, which utilizes built-in GPS altitude data for the selected route, to intelligently combine the electric motor and gasoline engine to maximize fuel economy.
- EV (Electric Vehicle) mode – enables the vehicle to run solely on the electric motor using the energy stored in the battery, the ideal solution for zero emission journeys.
The new PHEV derivative also includes access to the 7kW on-board charger hidden behind the Land Rover badge on the right of the grille.
The Land Rover Terrain Response® 2 technology has a unique calibration to intelligently and precisely distribute torque from the electric motor, which has no creep speed and maximum torque from zero rpm, to all four wheels. This gives greater control during low-speed off-road maneuvers, reaffirming the outstanding breadth of capability of the Range Rover Sport.
"The new Range Rover Sport strikes a compelling balance between dynamic capability, passenger comfort and efficiency,” said Nick Collins, Vehicle Line Director, Jaguar Land Rover. “The introduction of our advanced plug-in hybrid powertrain is a watershed moment in the history of our performance SUV.”
The motor is powered by a 13.1kWh high-voltage lithium-ion battery. Land Rover engineers delivered a set-up that maximizes interior space and provides ideal weight distribution. The 2.0-liter Ingenium gasoline engine is longitudinally mounted, with the 85kW electric motor housed in the ZF® automatic eight-speed transmission at the center of the vehicle alongside the 7kW on-board charger. The access point for the cable is at the front of the vehicle, while the prismatic cell lithium-ion battery is mounted at the rear beneath the trunk floor.
Designed and engineered by Jaguar Land Rover in the UK, the new Range Rover Sport will be produced at the company’s Solihull production facility.