BRABUS ROCKET 900 ONE OF TEN
- The new exclusive four-door BRABUS supercar in a limited edition of just ten vehicles worldwide
- 4.5-liter twin-turbo V8 increased-displacement engine with 662 kW / 900 hp and a peak torque of 1,250 Nm electronically limited to 1,050 Nm in the vehicle
- 0 – 100 km/h in 2.8 seconds, 0 – 300 km/h in just 23.9 seconds, top speed electronically limited to 330 km/h
- Spectacular ROCKET carbon widebody and hi-tech forged wheels with 21 and 22-inch diameters
Custom BRABUS MASTERPIECE interior design
The BRABUS brand has been building high-performance supercars based on Mercedes-Benz automobiles for more than four decades. This tradition now continues logically and seamlessly under the BRABUS MASTERPIECE label with the new BRABUS ROCKET 900 "ONE OF TEN." A limited edition of just ten vehicles of this model will be built in the high-end BRABUS Manufaktur in Bottrop based on the GT 63 S 4MATIC+.
At the heart of this BRABUS top-of-the-line automobile is the new BRABUS ROCKET 900 Biturbo V8 increased-displacement engine, which thanks to the displacement increase to 4.5 liters and a new high-performance forced- induction system delivers a peak output of 662 kW / 900 hp (888 bhp). Although the engine produces a peak torque of 1,250 Nm (922 lb-ft), it is limited in the vehicle to 1,050 Nm (774 lb-ft).
In combination with the SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9-speed sports transmission and all-wheel drive, the four-seat coupe slings itself from rest to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 2.8 seconds. The car reaches 300 km/h (186 mph) in just 23.9 seconds. Due to the tires, the top speed is electronically limited to 330 km/h (205 mph).
In order to put the tremendous power of the new BRABUS increased-displacement engine onto the road optimally, the BRABUS ROCKET 900 "ONE OF TEN" is equipped with extremely wide tires with diameters of 21 and 22 inches on the front and rear axle, for which special BRABUS Monoblock Z hi-tech forged wheels were produced. To create space for them, the BRABUS designers developed a carbon widebody with thrilling styling. The matching aerodynamic-enhancement components were developed in the wind tunnel. They produce more downforce and thus increase the handling stability at high speeds.
BRABUS also offers buyers of this supercar the option to custom-tailor the interior of the vehicle to their personal preferences with a bespoke MASTERPIECE interior.
The BRABUS ROCKET 900 "ONE OF TEN" badge with the serial number of the vehicle on the dashboard documents the noble lineage of the supercar, which sells for 435,800 euros (export price excluding statutory VAT in Germany).
The new BRABUS ROCKET 900 "ONE OF TEN" is based on the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ powered by a four-liter eight-cylinder with two turbochargers. This engine is the basis for the new BRABUS ROCKET 900 Biturbo V8 increased-displacement engine.
As we all know, there is nothing to replace displacement other than more displacement. Elaborately designed engines with more displacement have a long and successful tradition at BRABUS. The Bottrop-based company is likely the only tuner today to engage in this kind of performance enhancement, which involves major outlay but is highly efficient.
The BRABUS power unit engineers, technicians and electronics specialists drew on the huge expertise of more than four decades of tuning to develop this new BRABUS ROCKET 900 V8 hi-tech engine, which is built in the company engine shop.
To begin with, the displacement of the engine is increased to 4.5 liters with state-of-the-art machining technology and utmost precision in every detail. This includes a special precision-balanced billet crankshaft with a stroke increased to 100 millimeters (3.9 in), likewise special billet piston rods, larger forged pistons and the increase of the eight cylinder bores to 84 millimeters (3.3 in).
Another special development is the BRABUS ROCKET 900 V8 forced-induction system with two special BRABUS high-performance turbochargers. They have a larger compressor unit than the production components and a special core assembly with reinforced axial bearing. These turbochargers increase the maximum boost pressure to 1.4 bar.
To provide the engine with more air to breathe, the BRABUS ROCKET 900 "ONE OF TEN" features an integrated carbon ram-air intake system on the left and right in the radiator grille. The fuel supply of the engine, which can be identified visually by a special BRABUS engine cover with red carbon fibers, is modified with special high-pressure pumps.
The exhaust side uses a BRABUS stainless-steel high-performance quad exhaust system with free-flow metal catalysts, which was produced specifically for the GT floor pan. In addition to reducing the exhaust backpressure, the all-stainless system also features exhaust flaps for an electronically controlled sound management. From the cockpit, the driver can choose between the subtle "Coming home" mode and, depending on the selected drive mode, a particularly powerful eight-cylinder exhaust note.
The electronic engine control unit was also recalibrated to match the new hardware: To this end, new mapping for injection, ignition and boost pressure control was programmed in extensive series of tests on engine test benches, all-wheel-drive rolling roads as well as on test drives on the road and on the track. These measures serve not only to achieve the optimal power delivery, but also to comply with the strict EURO 6D ISC-FCM emissions standard.
The ROCKET 900 V8 increased-displacement engine delivers outstanding power and torque figures: The peak output of 662 kW / 900 hp (888 bhp) is produced at a low 6,200 rpm. Equally impressive is the peak torque of 1,250 Nm (922 lb-ft), on tap at 2,900 rpm. This figure is limited electronically in the vehicle to 1,050 Nm (774 lb-ft) to protect the drivetrain. Much higher figures were actually measured on the test bench. Technology partner MOTUL supplies the hi-tech lubricants for the entire powertrain of the new BRABUS supercar.
The power is sent to all four wheels by the 4MATIC+ all-wheel-drive system and a SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9-speed sports transmission, which can be shifted automatically or manually with the BRABUS RACE aluminum paddle shifters on the steering wheel.
The new BRABUS powerplant in the bow makes the BRABUS ROCKET 900 "ONE OF TEN" one of the most powerful four-seat all-wheel-drive coupes in the world. From rest, the exclusive four-door car slings itself to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 2.8 seconds. After 9.7 seconds, the supercar already travels at a speed of 200 km/h (124 mph). The 300-km/h mark (186 mph) is shattered in 23.9 seconds. Due to the relatively high vehicle weight of 2,120 kilograms (4,673 pounds) and the tires, the top speed is electronically limited to 330 km/h (205 mph).
Especially wide high-performance tires are a big help in further optimizing the outstanding traction of the 4MATIC+ all-wheel-drive system. That is the reason why the BRABUS suspension engineers developed special, extra-large versions of the BRABUS Monoblock Z wheels. In order to achieve an optimal combination of lightweight construction and maximum strength, these ten-spoke alloys are manufactured using a hi-tech forging process. To give the exclusive looks of these wheels with black spokes and red accents an added sporty touch, the BRABUS ROCKET 900 "ONE OF TEN" is equipped with aero discs made from naked carbon.
The front axle is fitted with BRABUS Monoblock Z "PLATINUM EDITION" 10.5Jx21 wheels with 295/30 ZR 21 P Zero high-performance tires from BRABUS technology partner Pirelli. At the rear, tires of size 335/25 ZR 22 on 12Jx22 wheels provide grip and ensure spectacular looks. The BRABUS AIRMATIC SPORT Unit lowers the ride height of the four-door coupe by about 25 millimeters (1 in) in the two drive modes "Comfort" and "Sport."
In order to give the supercar that extravagant BRABUS bold look, the BRABUS designers developed the thrillingly styled BRABUS ROCKET 900 widebody for the four-door coupe. The components are manufactured from high-strength, yet lightweight carbon. The front features new wider fenders with integrated sweeping flares. At the rear axle, carbon flares add 7.8 centimeters (3.1 in) to the overall width of the GT. Of course, this conversion also includes tailor-made fender liners made from Kevlar.
The aerodynamics play an elementary role in the speed ranges the new BRABUS supercar can reach in a flash. That is the reason behind the development of the ROCKET carbon front fascia, which provides a perfect transition to the wider carbon front fenders: The larger air intakes supply the engine and the front brakes with fresh air. The air intakes integrated into the radiator grille are part of the ram-air intake system. The spoiler integrated into this front-end component was shaped to further reduce front-axle lift.
In order to achieve an optimal aerodynamic balance, the BRABUS design team went into the wind tunnel to develop a multi-piece carbon rear wing and a rear diffuser made from that same hi-tech compound for the BRABUS ROCKET 900 "ONE OF TEN." Other decidedly sporty accents on the body include naked carbon panels at the sides of the rear bumper and carbon covers for the side mirrors.
A special "Stealth Gray" special paint finish was selected for example "01" of the "ONE OF TEN" Limited Edition featured in the attached photos. In addition, all chrome parts were painted in vehicle color.
That same color is also found in the MASTERPIECE interior of the BRABUS ROCKET 900 "ONE OF TEN," which is tailored to the wishes of its future owner by experienced master upholsterers in the BRABUS Manufaktur in Bottrop. The BRABUS MASTERPIECE badge on the backrests documents the noble origin of this cockpit.
The gray seams and piping of these exclusive leather appointments add delicate contrasts to the fine royal black leather and Alcantara. Gray decorative stitching likewise demonstrates the great love of detail in these BRABUS MASTERPIECE appointments. The seat surfaces and inner sections of the door panels feature a quilted "Crest" coat of arms pattern applied with pinpoint precision. The same precision went into the additional perforations and the gray backing of the leather in select places. The floor mats and the trunk mat both also sport that same design.
The BRABUS supercar pictured here features precisely 215 parts from switches to bezels in the cockpit that were coated to match the vehicle color. Carbon elements with high-gloss sealer add sporty accents in the interior as well.
Stainless-steel scuff plates with backlit BRABUS logo that lights up in different colors in sync with the ambient interior lighting round off the high-class interior design. BRABUS aluminum door pins and pedals add a decidedly sporty touch in the cockpit.
Fuel economy, CO2 emissions and efficiency class: BRABUS ROCKET 900 "ONE OF TEN“: city 17.3 l/100 km, highway 10.1 l/100 km, combined: 11.5 l/100 km. Combined CO2 emissions: 260 g/km, efficiency class G.
- 4-door coupe based on the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S of the X 290 series.
- Unibody, all-steel body welded to the floor pan.
- BRABUS carbon widebody, 78 mm (3.1 in) wider than the production car BRABUS ROCKET 900 aerodynamic-enhancement kit for reduced front-axle and rear-axle lift and reduced drag coefficient. Comprising front-end component with integrated front spoiler and air intakes for the ram-air intake system, wider front fenders, rear fender flares, multi-piece rear wing and rear diffuser.
|Length||5,066 mm (199.4 in)|
|Width||2,068 mm (81.4 in)|
|Height||1,439 mm (56.6 in)|
|Curb weight||2,120 kg (4,673 lbs.)|
|Gross vehicle weight rating||2,560 kg (5,644 lbs.)|
|Tank capacity/reserve||80 l / 12 l|
- BRABUS 900 V8 Biturbo increased-displacement engine based on the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S.
- BRABUS 900 V8 Biturbo engine conversion consisting of:
- Displacement increase to 4.5 liters with special billet crankshaft with longer stroke and larger cylinder bores in combination with matching pistons and rods.
- BRABUS 900 V8 Biturbo system with two high-performance turbochargers with larger compressor unit and special core assembly with reinforced axial bearing. Ram-air intake system. Maximum boost pressure 1.4 bar.
- BRABUS stainless-steel high-performance exhaust system with free-flow metal catalysts and actively controlled exhaust flaps.
- Reprogrammed mapping for injection, ignition and boost pressure control of the electronic engine control unit.
- V8-cylinder 4-valve light-alloy engine with two turbochargers
- Displacement: 4,407 cc (269 cu in)
- Bore: 84 mm (3.3 in)
- Stroke: 100 mm (3.9 in)
- Compression ratio: 8.6 : 1
- Rated power: 662 kW / 900 hp (888 bhp) at 6,200 rpm
- Peak torque: 1,250 Nm (992 lb-ft) at 2,900 rpm (electronically limited!)
- Fuel: Super Plus (98 RON)
- Motor oil: MOTUL
- 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive with electronically controlled limited-slip rear differential
- SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9-speed sports transmission
- Front and rear independent pneumatic suspension.
- BRABUS AIRMATIC SPORT Unit for ride-height lowering by about 25 millimeters (1 in) in the two drive modes "Comfort" and "Sport."
Wheels and tires
- Wheels: One-piece BRABUS Monoblock Z "PLATINUM EDITION" ten-spoke wheels with naked-carbon aero discs
- Tires: Pirelli P Zero high-performance tires.
- Front axle 10.5Jx21 with 295/30 ZR 21
- Rear axle: 12Jx22 with 335/25 ZR 22
- Dual-circuit brake system with vented and cross-drilled carbon-ceramic brake rotors, ABS.
- Brake rotors, front: 402 x 39 mm (15.8 x 1.5 in)
- Brake rotors, rear: 360 x 32 mm (14.1 x 1.3 in)
- 0 - 100 km/h (62 mph): 2.8 s
- 0 - 200 km/h (124 mph): 9.7 s
- 0 - 300 km/h (186 mph): 23.9 s
- Top speed: 330 km/h (205 mph) (electronically limited)
Price of the vehicle pictured here
- 435,800 euros (export price excluding statutory VAT in Germany)