Audi TTS Coupe (UK-Spec)
The Audi TT: The history of an icon
When revolutionary design meets advanced technology, legends are born.
Indeed, when the Audi TT concept car was first unveiled to the public in 1995, it met with immediate and huge acclaim.
Few production cars resembled their concept quite as closely as this one. And when the Audi TT first went on sale in 1998, it quickly became one of the most popular sports cars in its class.
In 2006, another milestone. The second-generation TT launched. With Audi Space Frame technology, it was 90kg lighter than the first generation model – translating into an improved drive that garnered award after award.
Now we've reached the next chapter: the third-generation TT. Unique, distinctive, unmistakably Audi: it continues to define the notion of what a sports car should be.
A beauty and a beast
The S badge on an Audi model signifies something special. And the TTS is something very special. Combining impressive performance with marque-defining styling, the third-generation TTS is both beautiful and powerful. Power has been increased by 38PS so the 2.0-litre TFSI four-cylinder, variable valve engine now puts 310PS through either a 6-speed manual or S tronic transmission to power the quattro all-wheel-drive. We've also enhanced the way power is delivered to the wheels. It means that the TTS Coupé now accelerates from 0-62mph in 4.6 seconds,* while the TTS Roadster achieves the same in 4.9 seconds.* Whichever car you choose, they’re both capable of going on to an electronically limited top speed of 155mph.
Highly distinctive bumpers and rear diffuser. Chrome-plated quad exhaust tailpipes. 19” 5-arm alloy wheels with black painted calipers. They all make a powerful impression. Inside, the TTS also delights. Front Super Sport seats look and act the part, while the TTS specific Audi Virtual Cockpit displays the superb performance of the TTS in a wide 12.3” fully digital display.
Matrix LED Lights: Illuminating features.
Far from just making a dramatic statement, optional Matrix LED headlights available on the Audi TT incorporate technology that adapts automatically to the car’s surroundings.
Sensors and an inbuilt camera allow Matrix LED headlights to detect rear and oncoming lights of other road users, as well as ambient light in built-up areas. The technology then reacts by dipping individual LEDs to prevent dazzle, while still illuminating the remainder of the road.
Using the vehicle’s optional navigation data, Matrix LED technology can even anticipate corners, adjusting LEDs as you negotiate the bend. The result is a much wider visual range, benefitting both you and other road users. And with dynamic, sweeping LED indicators at both front and rear, the striking look is complete.
quattro: Driving confidence, whatever the weather.
Loose gravel. Icy patches. A tight bend in the rain. Conditions on the road are always changing so quattro* changes too.
When coupled with Dynamic mode in Audi Drive Select, the system that enables you to adjust the performance characteristics of your car, more torque is now distributed to the rear axle in a fraction of a second for more agility on sportier drives. While in Efficiency, Comfort, Auto and Individual modes, the ideal amount of power is distributed to each wheel to maintain the TT’s perfectly balanced handling according to driving conditions and your preference.
It's made for the most challenging conditions of all – the ones you encounter every day. Whatever the road holds, you can be confident that quattro will react.
Using our latest innovations and meticulous attention to detail, our designers created a sleek, uncluttered cabin.
It’s partly thanks to the Audi Virtual Cockpit, which shows all the information you need directly behind the steering wheel, on a single dynamic display. The result is a cleaner and crisper instrument panel.
With a stroke of inspiration, the air conditioning controls and optional digital displays are housed within the iconic round air vents.
Standard Sport seats in Alcantara/leather with integrated headrests complete the cabin’s look: sharp, minimalist, sporty.
Audi Virtual Cockpit: Visible innovation.
The Audi Virtual Cockpit, first featured in the Audi TT, sets new standards.
Located directly behind the steering wheel, a 1,440 x 540 pixel, 12.3” digital screen shows all information directly in front of the driver. Operated via the MMI Touch button, voice control and the multi-function steering wheel, the display can be switched between ‘classic’, with prominent speedometer and rev counter, or ‘infotainment’, which brings functions such as the navigation map or media to the fore. And in the TTS there is a unique screen showcasing a rev counter in the centre of the virtual cockpit.
With high-quality graphics, a 3D impression and highly detailed effects, the Audi Virtual Cockpit is the embodiment of the TT’s technological innovation.
Audi Connect: Stay networked on the move.
Being inside your car shouldn’t mean losing touch with the outside world. That’s why, with the optional Audi Connect, the TT creates a link between you and the internet.
With 4G internet access in your car,* you can go online to access information, entertainment and Google EarthTM navigation maps by scrolling, tapping or speaking your commands. Audi Connect can even find you the cheapest fuel price in your area. And, with a wireless hotspot within the car, passengers can connect their mobile devices – to browse the internet, download emails, or access social media.
With Audi Connect, the world stays at your fingertips.
TTS quattro model equipment
Wheels, tyres and suspension
- 19” x 9J ‘5-parallel-spoke Star’ design alloy wheels 245/35 R19 tyres
- Audi Magnetic Ride with vehicle lowering:
- Audi Magnetic Ride continuously adapts the suspension damping to the changing driving situation
- It does this automatically and in just a fraction of a second by means of an electronically controlled magnetic field
- The body is 10mm lower than the Audi TT suspension, creating an even sportier driving feel
Audio and communication
- Audi Sound System. Features:
- 9 speakers in total including centre speaker and two bass speakers in the doors
- 5-channel amplifier with a total output of 155 watts Audi Virtual Cockpit with a TTS specific screen
- All-weather LED headlights. LED technology provides lower energy consumption than conventional headlights and enhanced contrast with a colour similar to daylight, for increased safety and good recognition by other road users. Includes all-weather light function to reduce the risk of the driver being dazzled when visibility is poor (in fog, rain or snow). Also includes Headlight cleaning system
- LED tail lights including LED dynamic rear indicators
- ‘S’ design body styling comprising:
- Audi Single-frame grille in Platinum grey featuring horizontal double struts in aluminium-look as well as a TTS emblem
- TTS front bumper with accentuated side air inlets with horizontal aluminium-look slats and side sill trims
- TTS rear bumper incorporating a diffuser insert in Platinum grey with a surround in aluminium-look
- Brake calipers painted black with TTS logo
- Door sill trims with aluminium inlay and TTS logo
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Coloured interior elements in quartz anthracite: on the side of seat, sides of the centre console and air vents
- Foot pedals in stainless steel
- Inlays in matt-brushed aluminium
- Flat-bottomed TTS Sport 3-spoke contour leather multi-function steering wheel, with more heavily contoured steering wheel rim and TTS badging
- Super Sport seats upholstered in Fine Nappa leather with S embossing
- Manual adjustment of the seat height, front and back position, seat angle and backrest angle
- Electric 4-way lumbar support
- Heated front seats
- Leather package – armrests in the doors, door pull handles, trim on the centre console and instrument panel cover in black leather
Safety and security
- Audi lane assist – helps the driver stay in lane by gentle steering intervention, particularly useful on motorways. Can be used between speeds of 37-155mph*
- Light and rain sensors – automatically switches the dipped beam headlights and windscreen wipers on/off depending on the light and rain conditions. Includes coming home/leaving home function which delays the deactivation of the front and rear lights after locking and automatic activation of the lights when unlocking. Also includes windscreen sunband.
TTS Coupé Pricing
|Engines||Power||Transmissions||CO2 g/km*||Total RRP inc VAT^||Recommended OTR†|
|TTS quattro||310PS||6-speed manual||168||£38,700.00||£39,685.00|
|TTS quattro||310PS||6-speed S tronic||159||£40,180.00||£41,050.00|
*Please note: Values based on standard EU test figures for comparative purposes and may not reflect real driving results.
^Total RRP inc VAT – Recommended Retail Price including VAT which is calculated at 20%. This may alter to reflect any change in the applicable VAT rate.
†Recommended On-The-Road (OTR) retail prices include: delivery charge, half a tank of fuel, number plates at £630.00 (inc. VAT), Road Fund Licence (which may vary depending on model/transmission – see page 95 for details) and first registration fee at £55.00. Vehicle Excise Duty correct at time of going to print, but this may alter to reflect any change in the applicable VED rate.