2021 Stelvio Veloce Ti
- Orders kick off for the Giulia and Stelvio MY21 range, with more efficient engines, type-approved according to the new E6d-Final regulations.
- Debut of the new Stelvio “Veloce Ti”, the top-of-the-range trim level, the epitome of performance and style.
- New 21-inch alloy wheels on Stelvio signal a particularly sporty identity.
New MY21 range
The Model Year 2021 of Giulia and Stelvio is being refreshed following an intuitive logic and offers the most appropriate driving trim both for customers seeking sportiness and for those who prefer exclusive comfort and elegance. Stelvio makes its debut appearance in the "Veloce Ti" trim level, a perfect combination of sporty content and style that highlights the superb performance of this SUV, now with new and more efficient engines, in line with E6d-Final regulations. The MY21 Stelvio range also boasts all-new 21-inch alloy wheels – to date only available up to 20-inch. On the one hand, these emphasize the car’s dynamic qualities, courtesy of its distinctly sporty identity; on the other, they expand the offer of Alfa Romeo’s first SUV. New wheel rims are available with a dual burnished and silver-plated finish, and with a specific design for the higher-performance Quadrifoglio version.
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Veloce Ti
The acronym ‘Ti’, for Turismo Internazionale (‘International Tourism’), has always been applied to top-tier models with typically Italian elegance, while the word Veloce (‘fast’) expresses the speed of the best-performing versions.
The Veloce Ti trim level represents the model’s technical and mechanical excellence. It combines the sportiness of Stelvio Veloce with an even more captivating style. It comes with a wide range of equipment and cutting-edge technology as standard, evoking the Quadrifoglio version with which Veloce Ti shares various style elements, both inside and out.
Its specific identity is made up of both aesthetic and functional features, as seen for example in the new rear bumper with a specific skid plate, the body kit in body color and the aluminum automatic gearbox blades attached to the steering column. The Stelvio Veloce Ti has new 21-inch five-hole alloy wheels with a burnished finish, making their debut here before they become available on other trim levels. The interiors echo the Quadrifoglio versions. with sporty seats in leather and Alcantara, a black ceiling and exclusive finishing in real carbon fiber. Dark tones are also seen in the glass frames, the tinted windows, and the “Stelvio”, “Q4” and “Veloce Ti” identification badges.
The Stelvio Veloce Ti comes fitted with either a 280-hp 2.0 Turbo petrol engine or a 210-hp 2.2 diesel engine, both paired with 8-speed automatic transmission and Q4 all-wheel drive. Its 4 cylinders are built entirely of aluminum, with a carbon fiber drive shaft.
Level 2 autonomous driving
Giulia and Stelvio both include a complete set of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) features, offering the highest level of autonomous driving in a perfect balance between driving pleasure and assistance systems. This is level 2, achieved by definition when the driver gives the car control of the accelerator, brakes and steering under certain conditions. The feature uses electronic systems that require continuous monitoring by the driver, at the same time providing the support of greater comfort on long journeys. Nevertheless, the driver must continuously remain in control, always keeping their hands on the steering wheel. The main enabling technologies in the Giulia and Stelvio are:
- Lane Keeping Assist: detects whether the vehicle is veering outside its lane without any direction indicators being activated, and alerts the driver using visual and haptic signals. It actively intervenes to steer the vehicle back into lane;
- Active Blind Spot Assist: monitors rear blind spots, reports any approaching vehicles and corrects steering to avoid a collision;
- Active Cruise Control: automatically adjusts the car’s speed to maintain a safe distance from the vehicles in front. In conjunction with the traffic sign recognition system, this technology adjusts the speed to within the set limit, for a more comfortable drive;
- Traffic Sign Recognition and Intelligent Speed Control: this system uses the on-board camera, recognizes traffic signs, reports them on the display, and alerts the driver of the current speed limit.
- The system then suggests the driver reduce their speed to the limit detected. If the driver accepts, the cruise control settings are automatically adjusted;
- Traffic Jam Assist and Highway Assist: To complement Active Cruise Control, these systems monitor lateral positioning, keeping the car in the middle of the lane in heavy traffic (Traffic Jam Assistant) or on the highway (Highway Assist), while also adjusting the speed according to the current limits;
- Driver Attention Assist: this function constantly monitors the driver’s attention levels, and if necessary alerts them if they might need to take a break.