Kelleners Sport KS1-S based on BMW 1 Series M Coupé
- Performance has increased by more than 20 percent to 410 hp
- Better response and perfected handling
- Racing expert Ralf Kelleners has optimised the suspension for roads and routes
- Particularly fine leather shapes the interior refinement
As the first refiner, Kelleners Sport presented the completely changed BMW 1 series M Coupé (Typ E82). The BMW expert will now show the second evolutionary stage of the reconstruction as world premier at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
The KS1-S has become more addicted to curves as the BMW 1 series M Coupé is called after the development at Kelleners Sport. In the Gut Wiesenhof competence centre in Merzig, Germany, the BMW expert implements this unique complete conversion, which includes all areas from the performance through the aerodynamics to the suspension and interior.
The KS1-S puts its enormous power of 410 hp (302 kW, series 340 hp, 250 kW) onto the road even better. Because the newly programmed motor management now reacts faster and thereby ensures an improved responsiveness. The sport exhaust system with its four stainless steel end tips reduces the counter-pressure and also supports the swift reaction of the vehicle which is particularly noticeable at the exit of curves.
The optimised suspension also contributes to the increased driving dynamics of the KS1-S. The coilover suspension is adjustable both in the rebound and compression stage and therefore allows the perfect adaptation of driver’s preference and the requirements of the route. Racing driver and the giver of the name, Ralf Kelleners has used his many years of experience and has determined the optimal fine adjustment, which harmonises best the increased performance and the wheel and tyre combination.
The light alloy wheels from Kelleners Sport measure 20 inches and are available in design either in "Hamburg" or "Berlin". High-capacity tyres guarantee the contact to the road in the dimension 245/30 on the 9 inch wide front wheels and 265/30 on the 10 inch wide rims on the driving axle.
The components of the aerodynamics package obtain additional road holding especially at high speeds. The front spoiler lip MS and the three-part grill inlet MS from electric-polished stainless steel provide an improved cw value, more contact pressure in the high-speed range and, in addition, independent optics. The latter is still supported by the white decorative stripes.
Kelleners Sport presents a totally new image in interior decoration. The interior concept includes the finest, perforated leather and high-quality Alcantara, which clings to the seats, the dashboard and the door panels and is contrasted by white seams as well as brilliantly white varnished interior strips. Alcantara used on the sports steering wheel, gear and hand brake lever increases the haptic experience. Pedals made of brushed aluminium and floor mats made of high-quality velour complete the transformation of the interior.
Six cylinder engine bitturbo with increase in performance by KS power SW 35M
- Power: 410 hp (301 kW), Series 340 hp (250 kW)
- Maximum torque: 550 Nm, series 450 Nm
- Empty weight: 1570 kg (unchanged)
- Power-to-weight ratio: 3.8 kg/hp, series 4.6 kg/hp
- Rear mufflers made of stainless steel with four endpipes 83 mm each
- Coilover suspension with adjustable rebound and compression stage
- Light alloy wheels in 9x20 inches with 245/30 tyre (front) and 10x20 inches with 265/30 tyre (rear), "Hamburg" model in graphite silver polished, platinum silver polished and matt black, "Berlin" model in platinum silver polished, matt black polished and matt black
- Front spoiler lip MS
- Grill inlets made of electric polished stainless steel
- Decorative stripes
- Interior concept with perforated leather and Alcantara on all seats, the dashboard and door panels. White contrast seams and stitched logo in headrests. Alcantara used on the sports steering wheel, Alcantara covering on gear and hand brake lever, bright lustre-white interior strips, aluminium pedals and velour mats with Kelleners sport logo